Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kitchen Nook Design Dilemma

Kitchen Nook Design Dilemma...

Below is an email I received from one of my latest clients:

So....we built the nook in the kitchen, and rushed to have a cushion made. I thought I did not want any window treatment on the bay window. Cut to a year later...I want the window treatment, but don't necessarily want to re-do the entire cushion fabric. Help! I am not good at coordinating fabrics - especially when one is already set!! I like simple, clean lines and nothing frilly.

Kitchen Nook/Window Seat


Indoor/Outdoor Fabric


Better Picture of Existing Darling Window Seat Fabric


My response to her was simple.


"This is NOT a dilemma....this is going to be so easy and fun!  Relax...don't worry!  You do not need a new cushion...it just need to be REworked...add some batting over the foam to tighten up the look of the fabric.   Give me one hour at the fabric store with you and you will have an amazingly REfreshed look.  The new fabrics we will choose will make your current window seat fabric look even better than it does now.  The new valances and REfreshed throw pillows are going to really finish off this space.  You will LOVE it, I promise."


She trusted me. 


We met again at the fabric store.  And in less than 30 minutes, we had all the coordinating fabrics chosen, cut, and paid for...ready for the seamstress to pick them up that night.  We were both thrilled!


Bam! 


Can't wait to see how the Kitchen Nook REdesign turns out!!!


Stay tuned for the finished look....

No comments:

Post a Comment