Monday, October 8, 2012

A little Halloween Zshuzshing goes a LONG way!

Every year my friend, Sheri, and I decorate my urns on my front porch for the upcoming FALL holidays...it is always so much more fun to decorate with someone else.  Sheri has a GREAT eye for detail, and I just love to see what she comes up with from year to year.

With the cold nights upon us, I knew that it was time to retire my ferns...


So...Sheri and I went to the Kirkwood Farmer's Market and bought a basket full of pumpkins, gourds, sticks, and a bag of kettle corn for sustenance.  I already had the white birch hurricanes, the white birch wrapped mini candles, the corn, some berries from Sheri's yard, and the black glittery twigs from the previous years.


To get our creative juices flowing, we paired our kettle corn with some delicious pinot noir and got to work.  Here is what we...or Sheri...came up with!  

Gorgeousness.


The next day, my daughter, inspired from the urn decorating, wanted to contribute to the Halloween fun and decided she wanted to carve a few of our pumpkins.  I knew it was going to be messy...and I wasn't really up for all the goo.  So instead, I suggested we GLITTER them!  She perked right up at the word GLITTER and went to the computer to get just the right font for our pumpkins to spell out B-O-O!  I know...so original...but it was simple and to the point.  Sometimes that is all you need.  

Simplicity.

...or in this case, GLITTERY simplicity.



A few more zshuzshing accessories were added to the seating area.  The chevron rug was a gift from my brother for my birthday purchased from Ballard Designs.  The rockers got some Halloween inspired pillows from Target and the (oh so soft) throw blankets came from Home Goods.  The giant pumpkin head was purchased from Home Goods years ago...it is so cute at night when the candles inside are lit.  Not really spooky at all, but that is just fine with me.


This year's zshuzshing addition were these super cute spider webs I scored at Red Lead in downtown Webster.  They are very light in weight, so I knew they would be perfect to suspend from the porch ceiling.  With a little bit of creative thinking and some time teetering on a ladder, this is what I came up with...


I found these little googly eyed spiders in the dollar bin at Target!


Voila!  Lots of impact without spending a lot of money!



 Up next?

A little Halloween ZSHUZSH for the inside of my home!




1 comment:

  1. I love it! The spiders and blankets on the chairs are my favorite! Your so great!

    ReplyDelete