Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's the MOST Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

Christmas is the MOST WONDERFUL time of the year!

It always has been and it always will be to me.

I am one of the "crazies" who gets up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving, not to shop on Black Friday, but to wake up my family by blasting the Christmas music and making a traditional Mack Daddy breakfast---coffee, OJ, bacon, eggs, and my famous french toast!  I stay in my jammies all day and just go to town decorating.  It is serious bliss!!!  (At least it is MY serious bliss--my husband?  Yeah, not so much!)

My home is a true reflection of my love of the holiday season.  Every room is touched in some small or BIG way with sparkly or glittery or twinkly holiday MAGIC.

My larger than life Santa greets you at my front door...


My foyer also blasts holiday cheer with garland and its' paper "Peace" birds, a reindeer decoupaged in Christmas music sits proudly on one of my most prized possessions...my best friend's Grandma Campbell's baby grande piano, a giant silver heart ornament hangs in my window, and my leather wing back chair with a tiny handmade candy cane pillow waits for Santa to take a seat!


My front living room proudly houses our Christmas tree...adorned with all of my favorite ornaments in the front and the not so favorite ones in the back!


All of the ornaments have a story behind them...a lot of them are from my childhood...which my kids love!


My dining room is sprinkled with decorations from memories past.  I showcase my Gaga's family silver and her prized red goblets proudly. They are beautiful in their simplicity. It was my Gaga who gave me my love for decorating.





Last year I zshuzshed up the inside of my dining room windows with these glittered ball wreaths and hung them with a simple burlap ribbon embellished with red buttons.  I added these dangly stars for the last bit of sparkly holiday punch!  Love them.
I

Again, I zshuzshed these star mirrors by adding these simple vintage looking paper dove "Peace" birds.  These birds are sprinkled though out this room...and my entire house.


My great room and kitchen is where we spend most of our time, so I want it to feel like Christmas although we do not have a tree in it.  So...I add flowers, lighted wreaths on the inside of the windows, pillows, a basket of Christmas books, cranberry garland, handmade stockings and garland above each doorway with ribbons streaming down each side to hang our holiday cards.

My Santa collection...I add one new one every year.


I added the paper birds, the lights and the bow to these wreaths...


Giant peppermint sticks, plate and mug for Santa, and fresh cranberries add to the holiday spirit...


My friend, Noelle, made me this sweet pillow last year.  Again, it has a story...

Next up?

The outside of my house...

Happy Holidays!













2 comments:

  1. I am DYING over this...absolutely gorgeous. And I've always wanted to start a Santa collection--maybe this is my year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is your year! But you have to be careful...some are really, really terrible! Love your post about inflatable...cracked me up! We had one of those until 2 years ago and the same thing happened to us. It was on our back porch and my kids loved it!

      Delete