Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kitchen REorganization REveal

Here is the Kitchen REorganization REveal that you have been waiting to see...

(Holly Kunze, hope this is what you were hoping for!!!)

Before photo of the (NOT SO) "walk in" pantry...


Voila!!!  Thank you Target!!

You might be wondering why there are bins for this pantry REdo?

Well, it's simple.  After asking my client what she liked and hated about her pantry, I found out that she:

  • was sick and tired of stuff falling through the wire shelving
  • didn't really want to see her food...because it might tempt her to eat it
  • had a hard time keeping it all organized...and had too much of the same item because she would rebuy them over and over because she couldn't find what she needed.
So, bins it was...and cute ones at that!  Thanks again, Target.

I also made laminated labels for the new bins in her pantry and cabinets.  (My favorite of all the labels was the KOOZIES one!  Seriously!)  BTW, I am proud to say I own a laminator.

Now on to the more "boring" photos for some of you...but this is like EYE CANDY for me.  No joke.

Rule #1:  PUT LIKE ITEMS WITH LIKE ITEMS.  

Rule #2:  NEST THE ITEMS, if at all possible.

Rule #3:  LAZY SUSANS SUCK...seriously.

Rule #4:  KEEP ITEMS THAT YOU USE ALOT ACCESSIBLE AND DOWN LOW.  (This client LOVES to bake, so the baking items were kept low in the Lazy Susan and in a lower cabinet right next to each other.)


Rule #5:  DO NOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE SET OF KITCHEN TOOLS...(I know this is hard!)

Rule #6:  ONLY KEEP NICE OVEN PADS/MITTS.  Seriously...you only live once and you deserve it.

Rule #7:  KEEP ALL BAGGIES, CLING WRAP, WAX PAPER, FOIL TOGETHER.

Rule #8:  KEEP ALL DISHWARE TOGETHER.

Rule #9 and #10:  KEEP SPICES WHERE YOU CAN SEE THEM AND MEDICINES IN SEE THROUGH CONTAINERS UP HIGH... (so kids can't get to them!)

REorganized in ABC order...(Yes, I used to be a teacher--love!)

I did label these containers with my label maker after this photo was taken...I'm sick and I love it.  (No pun intended!)

Rule #11:  KEEP TUPPERWARE ACCESSIBLE AND ONY KEEP WHAT HAS A LID TO MATCH THE BOTTOM.  (My client obviously needs to buy more since I recycled all the ones that did not match...)

Rule #12:  TAKE UNWANTED ITEMS TO GOODWILL IMMEDIATELY!!!  (If you hire me, I will happily take the load for you...it thrills me...just ask the workers at GW!)

Are you inspired?  I hope so.

Are you overwhelmed?  I hope not.

BUT...if you are...CALL ME...I can help.

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment