Friday, June 22, 2012

Buried in Beige Design Dilemma Solved!!!

My friend, Benjamin Moore, came to the rescue again. 

This time Old Ben came through with a brilliant blue to bring out the the blue in the pillow that my client loves so much!  


"Florida Keys" is the name of this color we chose and, I must say, it is a pretty good descriptor.  If you have ever been to The Florida Keys...you know this color.  Vibrant, yet amazingly soothing.  

Now fast forward a day (maybe two) and I got an email entitled POP!!! from her on my phone.  When I opened the email this is what I saw...

LOVE. HER.

Apparently, my client does NOT mess around.  She got to work immediately...no joke.  What a thrill! Someone else out there is as crazy (in such an amazing way) as I am...just goes for it...shoving all the furniture into the center of a room...throwing plastic sheeting over it all...and gets the job done!  

A day after I received the plastic sheeting---room in progress photo--I got these next few photos.  Try not to laugh at the commentary she added to the BEFORE AND AFTER shots.  I laughed out loud when I saw her very sad son in the all beige room.  But, if you notice, in the newly painted room, he is sad no more!!!  The new blue has literally taken his blues away.



Next, we realized that the large expanse of the beige/buff/tan/bisque wall needed something more than just a new shade of color to make it become more of a focal point in the room.  After all, it would be holding this insanely giant TV that everyone would be sitting and staring at for hours on end.

This wall needed something custom built. 

It need this...


KaPOW... as my client so eloquently put it! 


As I mentioned before...color changes everything.  It is an easy fix.  It is fairly inexpensive.  And, it really has the power to transform the most boring of beige living rooms and bring them back to life.  Florida Keys was the WOW factor that my client was looking for...vibrant and soothing at the same time.  

Beige no more...phew!

Buried in BEIGE Design Dilemma Solved!  

Next Design Dilemma?   Old chairs in need of a face lift.  

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic!!! Way to go. Who built the built-ins? Would love those in our living room.

    ReplyDelete