Friday, June 15, 2012

Buried in Beige Design Dilemma

Below is my latest Design Dilemma...this one was easy to fix.  


Dear Rebecca, 

We moved into a new house about 6 months ago and it is beige... I mean the whole house is almost the same shade of beige.  We bought from a relocation company and I suspect they had the entire house painted so it was "neutral".  

Now that we are all moved in, the beige is driving me crazy.  Every room - beige... did I mention all the beige?  I love the look of all white, but I have 3 kids, so that is O-U-T.  I also love COLOR... I am having a really difficult time finding a wall color that matches with my pillow fabric (which I LOVE) and the sage green couches we already have.  I want something that POPS!  
Pillow = L.O.V.E.

Whatever you call it - tan, bisquit, buff, cream, khaki, oatmeal, off-white, sand..it has got to go... at least in our family room!  

HELP.  PLEASE. NOW.

Signed, 
Bumming & Buried in Beige

Boring BEIGE living room...only to be saved by cute pillows, but even CUTER KIDS. 


Accessories are interesting, but you can't see them in all the BEIGE.


Blank Beige Wall...no thanks...FAIL.

All my client REALLY needed was for me to agree with her that all the beige in her house equalled super boring, and then pick out a color to make her living room come ALIVE!  That is just what I did...and a few other minor suggestions.

Stay tuned for the after photos...COLOR changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment