Friday, September 7, 2012

CUTTTTT the CLUTTER!


Clutter is like the old friend who’s not really a good influence on you – you know you need to break your ties, but it’s so hard to let it go!

So use these 11 questions to help you determine if you can CUTTTT the clutter in your home.  

General Clutter / Stuff Questions

1. If someone new walked into my house, would I be embarrassed about how much clutter / stuff I have?

(dining room sideboard)

2. Are the flat surfaces in my house covered with clutter /stuff ?

(craft/art room that you can't walk into)

3. Do I need extra space, storage or organizing bins or systems to keep my stuff?

(laundry room that needs a better system)

4. Are my closets, drawers, and cabinets overflowing with stuff?

(bins of clothing that are overwhelming to go through)


Specific Clutter / Stuff Questions

5. When is the last time I used it?

(stuff that is no longer a necessity)

6. Am I keeping it because it has sentimental value?

(baby stuff that is hard to let go of...even though your baby is 4)

7. Do I have items that I’ve never used, worn, or opened?

(just some of the "skinny" clothes that you hoped you might fit into last summer)


8. How much do I spend to buy more stuff in a week, month, year?

(pillow fetish)


9. Am I keeping things that need to be fixed, are broken, or are missing a part?

(computer broken since 2006, but remains on the office floor)


10. When will I know that I have enough of this item to stop buying the same thing?

(bedding, bedding, and more bedding!)

11. How much joy does this item really bring me?

(do I really need all these shirts?)


I found this questionnaire on a blog that I follow (iMOM) and it totally resonated with me.  These questions are the same ones I ask of my clients.  Most of the time they end up realizing they really need to CUTTTT their clutter!

Did this post strike a cord with you?  I'm sure some of the photos might have...!  If so, contact me...I can help you!  

Clutter happens.  Let me help you do something about it.


© 2012 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment