Wednesday, September 19, 2012

HavenHouse St. Louis needs a REdo!!! (Can YOU help?)

Below is an letter that I just received about my latest Design Dilemma!  I am fairly certain it is going to be the most impactful REdesign job I have ever done!  Please contact me if you can help me in ANY way, small or large, to make this REdesign a success.  Thanks so much in advance!

Dear Rebecca--

I am working on a new project and need some help from a fellow designer, so naturally I thought of you! 

Through my work with Scott Harris Oliphant Foundation or SHOit has been a pleasure to be introduced to HavenHouse St. Louis and the volunteers that work there. HavenHouse is a local nonprofit (which SHO supports) that provides all the comforts of home for families who live out of town and need to travel to St. Louis for treatment at local hospitals. I have been so impressed by the impact that HavenHouse has had on the lives of cancer patients and their families, that it has moved me to donate my skills as an interior designer to REdecorate a few of their guest rooms. 


The facilities at HavenHouse started out as a children's orphanage, and many of the rooms still have a very institutional look to them. It would be such a pleasure to be able to create a beautiful room, where a guest can relax and heal after being in a hospital all day receiving treatment. Basically, I'll need some help with the REdesign of the room, as well as the installation. 


The design of course, may be mostly dictated by the donations we receive for the project. Accepting delivery and coordinating installation will be especially helpful if you are available since I'm not during the day to be on site. I have commitment from Ashley Furniture and Weekends Only to donate new furniture for the project. The scope of the project will really be determined by their level of commitment. I gave them a list of furniture needed for 5 rooms, I would love to do all 5 - but we will have to see what they come back with. Still working on sources for bedding, accessories, bathroom vanities, light fixtures and paint. Any ideas? I've contacted a few people my husband knows through Lowes, my neighbor who is a contractor, a bedding line we use called Company C, as well as my rep for Sherwin Williams and Porter Paint - but haven't had any response yet. 


HavenHouse said they would be happy to give anyone who would be involved in the project a tour - maybe we could meet and you could see it one night next week? 


I have some pictures attached of a typical room so you know what we are working with - it's pretty sad :( 

Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment